Shu-Wai Chow, "PHPEclipse: A User Guide: Take advantage of the leading open source integrated development environment to develop, organize, and debug your PHP web development projects."Take advantage of the leading open source integrated development environment to develop, organize, and debug your PHP web development projects.
* Compact guide to using Eclipse and PHPEclipse for web development
* Slash development time by improving the efficiency of your PHP coding and organizing your projects in the PHPEclipse environment
* Learn to use Eclipse for debugging PHP applications, interfacing with databases, and managing source code
* No previous knowledge of Eclipse required
The fusion of Eclipse, the leading open source development environment, and PHP is an exciting prospect for web developers. This book makes sure that you are up and running as quickly as possible, ready to take full advantage of PHPEclipse's tuned PHP development tools, without requiring any prior knowledge of Eclipse.
You will begin with installing and configuring PHPEclipse, before moving onto a tour of the Eclipse environment, familiarizing you with its main components. As a plug-in to Eclipse, PHPEclipse is able to harness the platform to provide a rich and powerful development experience.For helping you improve the efficiency of your PHP coding, the book details the powerful editing features of PHPEclipse, and shows you how to use it to better organize your application code.You will see how PHPEclipse helps you throughout the development lifecycle, and learn how to use PHPEclipse's debugger to troubleshoot and step through your PHP code as it executes. The book rounds off with coverage of accessing databases and managing source code from within the
. For the final step for your application, you will learn how to deploy your site to a production server.What you will learn from this book?
* Finding your way around the Eclipse environment
* Working with the PHP editing features of PHPEclipse to correct your PHP syntax
* Configuring and using the debugger to help troubleshoot PHP code
* Using PHPDocumentor to quickly create documentation for your code
* Interfacing to SQL databases using the QuantumDB plug-in
* Managing your source code repository from within Eclipse
* Deploying your application to production servers via FTP, SFTP, WebDav
* Using Ant to deploy your PHP applications
Written in a concise and friendly style, packed with tips and a practical project, this book will instruct you on using PHPEclipse to make your PHP application development more efficient, and cut development time.
Who this book is written for?
This book is written for PHP developers who want an open source development environment for creating web applications. You do not need any knowledge of Java or prior experience of Eclipse to use this book.
Author: Shu-Wai Chow
Title: PHPEclipse: A User Guide
Paperback: 228 pages
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Years: February 13, 2006
Size: 5.72 MB